There’s no doubt that as enterprises continue along their digital transformation journey, it’s imperative they derive more value from their hybrid data to improve profitability and remain competitive. However, traditional data analytics solutions have substantial limitations and legacy cloud solutions have also experienced challenges, including performance at scale.
Many organisations, while embracing the cloud, still critically need to address their hybrid data legacy on-premise. In fact, modernising this type of infrastructure is one of the highest priorities for enterprises in 2019, according to recent research 38% are still in the process of doing so.
A market need to move away from traditional data lakes
The pressure to obtain more value from data is fuelling a market need for a new generation of operational data warehouses that are simple to use and deliver real-time insights at scale, without the traditional data lake performance penalties.
Companies need the enterprise-class performance and security capabilities of a data warehouse, combined with the elasticity of the cloud, to create an entirely new era of data-driven insights.
The next generation of cloud data warehouses
There is a major opportunity here to deliver transformative technology to power next-gen cloud data warehouses that replace traditional solutions. In fact, we are seeing consulting groups reap the benefits of this type of new technology. For example, McKnight Consulting Group has been using the new Actian Avalanche service and has found it easier to set up and many times faster than legacy methods.
This new technology overcomes limitations of previous generations of cloud data warehouses by providing:
- Performance at Scale: Powers real-time insight for your most demanding queries
- Ease of use: Deploy Avalanche from AWS Marketplace within minutes
- Fully Managed Service: Fully managed so you can focus on delivering superior insight
- Flexibility: Use only the compute resources you need, when you need them
- Breakthrough Economics: Industry leading price performance, over nine times better than cloud data warehouse market alternatives, can save organisations millions
Recognising the benefits of cloud data warehouses like Avalanche is the first step enterprises must take to enable insights that create better business outcomes.