Amazon Prime Day kicks off at noon today, and there are lots of great deals for buyers to take advantage of. This year’s event will run for a full 36 hours before ending tomorrow at midnight.
The day of sales, which can be thought as a Black Friday in the summer, came later than usual this year to avoid clashing with the World Cup. In 2017, Prime Day saw a 60% growth over the previous year, and the firm will be looking to break records yet again with the extended sale hours. A million deals are slated to hit Amazon sites around the world across categories like electronics, toys, kitchen appliances, fashion and home goods.
How to get the best deals
First, you’ll have to sign up for Amazon’s Prime service if you haven’t already as the deals are only available to members. The service costs £79 per year and includes free and unlimited one-day delivery on a wide variety of items, along with access to their streaming services Amazon Prime Video and Prime Music. Members can also enjoy their extensive book archive through Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage, and two-hour deliveries on certain items for those who live in major UK cities.
You can sign up for a free 30-day trial of the service to take advantage of the deals, and you don’t have to pay the fee if you cancel before the trial period is over.
Once you’re a member of Prime, it’s simply a matter of accessing the site and looking for deals once the event gets underway. They’ll be clearly marked on the main page, and there are two main types of deals:
- Overall deals that last the entire 36 hours of the event
- Lightning deals that start at a set time and end once they sell out. You’ll have to act quickly to get these items, especially if they’re popular, but you can typically see the deals that will be available a few hours in advance so you can plan accordingly – set a reminder so you don’t miss out!
What deals can you expect on Prime Day UK?
Most of the deals won’t be announced until the event starts at noon.
Here are some highlights:
- 30% off Canon and Sony cameras
- 30% off Sony, Toshiba and LG TVs
- £40 off Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet (sale price £89.99, regular price £129.99)
- £34 off Kindle Paperwhite (sale price £74.99, regular price £109)
- £48 off Crazybaby Air True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds (sale price £69.99, regular price £118)
Click here to go to the Amazon Prime Page